Fannie May Confections Brands, a leading retail chain selling gourmet chocolates & candies, is looking to hire full time production workers for our manufacturing facility in North Canton, OH.
BONUS AFTER 90 DAYS!
Full Time Seasonal Workers start at $9.50/ hour
*Shift differential on 2nd and 3rd shift: $0.53/ hour
Hours vary between 8 to 12 hour shifts
1st Shift: M-F 6:30 am - 2:30 pm'
2nd Shift: M-F 2:30 pm - 10:30 pm
Line Associates perform a wide and varied number of tasks in a given area. Line Associates are expected to work cooperatively and supportively of each other, the task at hand, and company goals and policies with respect to efficiency, quality, safety, and sanitation. Line Associates are expected to be flexible with respect to assignments. Typically, line associates are required to decorate, carton, assort, wrap, cut, pack, inspect, palletize, and distribute candy.
1. Line Associates may be required to operate several pieces of equipment; including shrink and flow wrappers, candy cutters, twist wrappers, boxing equipment, and box taping equipment, scales, et cetera.
2. Required to perform all duties in accordance with company SOPs, GMPs, and guidelines listed in the company handbook.
3. Expected to work safely, and efficiently
4. Required to set up the line for production; including retrieving items from the BOM
5. Responsible for line sanitation and ensuring proper clean up at the end of the shift
6. Responsible for ensuring proper quality standards are maintained. Line Associates must ensure that all labels are appropriate, that all candies meet our high standards for color, size, shape, weight, gloss and decoration, that all packaged items contain the correct materials from the BOM, and that cases are filled properly.
7. Participate in on-going training to enhance knowledge and skills.
8. Perform other duties as assigned (may be required to work in other areas as needed).
9. Responsible to uphold and maintain the food safety and quality systems.
* Benefits after 90 days (depending on performance, attendance, and business needs)
* Referral bonus ($100 to refer a friend, paid out after the first 90 days of their employment if both employees are still working)
* Overtime available
* Employee discounts (40% off regular priced items)
How are we protecting our employees during COVID-19?
Fannie May’s number one priority is the health and safety of its workers
· Staggered shifts to limit traffic
· Dedicated in and out flow to site so no overlap of people incoming and outgoing
· Cafeterias/Lunchrooms distanced to 6 ft. separation
· Barriers added where distancing is not possible
· Floor markers set up in areas where congregation can occur such as punch clock, entrance to plant and exit of plant
· All employees are asked to self-isolate and refrain from attending work if they have recently traveled, live with someone who traveled, had close contact with a positive or pending case, have symptoms or live with someone who exhibits symptoms
· Everyone entering the site is screened for fever above 100.4° F
· Signage posted in key areas such as entrances, lunchrooms, health and safety boards regarding signs and symptoms of COVID-19
Cleaning and Sanitation
Normal GMP’s such as mandatory handwashing already provide a high level of protection for workers; however, the following additional measures have been implemented:
· Increased sanitization of all high contact touch points at least 2x per shift
· Increased sanitization of lunchrooms, locker rooms and washrooms 2x per shift
· Hand sanitizer available throughout plant
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
· Gloves are available to all employees however it is not always required; effective handwashing practices are always preferred
· Disposable/surgical type masks are mandatory for everyone in the plant (employees, visitors and contractors)
Job Type: Full-time