Family Health Centers at NYU Langone, a designated Level 3 Medical Home, is the largest federally qualified health center network in New York State, and the second largest in the nation. It includes eight primary care sites, 40 school-based health centers and dental clinics, four day care centers, the nation's largest dental residency program, and New York State's largest behavioral health program. The network also includes 12 community medicine sites providing care to disenfranchised New Yorkers, comprehensive HIV services, chemical dependency programs, and a family support center that offers educational, vocational, and other social support programs. Learn more about Family Health Centers at NYU Langone , and interact with us on LinkedIn , Glassdoor , Indeed , Facebook , Twitter , YouTube and Instagram .
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Licensed Practical Nurse - Sunset Terrace Family Health Center.
This LPN position requires Spanish Speaking
In this role, the successful candidate The Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) assists the Registered Nurse in the implementation of the nursing process on his/her assigned patients. The practice of nursing as an LPN is defined as performing tasks and responsibilities within the framework of case finding health teaching health counseling and provisions of supportive and restorative care under the direction of a Registered Professional Nurse.
- Implements care in a knowledgeable, skillful, consistent and continuous manner, taking into consideration the age, growth and development of the individual.
- Demonstrates an awareness of and respect for coworkers/patient's cultural background
- Performs other duties as assigned or volunteered in alignment with the mission, goals and values of Lutheran Health Care.
- Provides translation services as needed.
- Demonstrates sound knowledge base and actions in the care and decision making for designated patients.
- Administers medication therapy and vaccines as ordered by the provider.
- Communicates patient care needs to ancillary staff and follow up accordingly
- Observes, reports and documents significant physical, psychological or safety status changes in patient's condition to the RN/PSC/Provider promptly.
- Provides health education based on patient's needs.Documents patient response to treatment/teaching in the medical record.
- Utilizes appropriate resources in preparing patients for diagnostic, operative treatments and procedures
- Performs and/or assists patients with treatments/procedures.
To qualify you must have a Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
NY State LPN license required
1-2 years of experience in Med/Surg, Pediatrics, OB/Gyn Ambulatory care or hospital based nursing.
Ambulatory care experience preferred
Bilingual English/Spanish required
Willingness to devote the time required completing assigned tasks on schedule.
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
Family Health Centers at NYU Langone's network provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Hospital-Brooklyn is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view Family Health Centers at NYU Langone's EEO policies, please click here . Please click here to view the Federal "EEO is the law" poster or visit .htm for more information. To view the Pay Transparency Notice, please click here .