JOB DESCRIPTION - Lab Technician (1752)
Location: Houston, Texas Position Summary:
The QC Lab tech is responsible for running routine samples to ensure quality assurance of raw materials, in-process samples, and final products.
- Accurately analyze all samples to ensure data integrity
- Analyze unit stream and feed stocks to ensure operational success
- Utilize a LIMS sample to enter sample data
- Use a variety of instrumentation including GC
- Pick up and deliver sample cylinders to units
- Maintain a clean and orderly work environment including stock and inventory
- Verify and report results to customers
- Dispose of waste per lab policies
- Review, revise, and develop SOP's as requested
- Follow all quality, safety, company and other laboratory protocols at all times
- Conduct basic troubleshooting, maintenance of lab equipment, and SQC as required
- Prepare solutions and perform standardization as required
- Detect analytical data trends and report as requested
- Associates degree in a science related field
- HS diploma, or equivalent, with 2 years of industry experience
- Must be able to obtain a TWIC card
Skills and Abilities:
- Strong communication both written and oral in English
- Must be able to work in a team environment and have strong intrapersonal skills
- Good computer skills including but not limited to Microsoft office, LIMS, and chromatography systems
- Must be able to quickly learn and retain new skills
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and adapt easily
Type of Assignment:
- Long term contract (~12 months)
Rotating Shifts, must be willing to work nights and weekends
$22/hr + dependent on experience and qualifications.
Extensive benefits package including paid holidays, paid time off, and medical insurance benefits.
- Due to the high-volume of applicants, only candidates who meet the requirements of the position will move through the interview process.
- This position does not offer C2C or H1-B sponsorship.
- Candidate acknowledges upon application that this position is not eligible for per diem or relocation reimbursement.