- At least a year of experience writing digital and social content for an entertainment or gaming company, creative agency, or in-house creative studio.
- A flair for short and sweet copy that speaks to a digital-first audience.
- An eye for visual storytelling and understanding of how to craft fan-centric video content.
- Writing samples that showcase your voice and range.
- An understanding of digital video production and post-production.
The Jr. Writer, Digital/Social sits on the Creative Content team and supports marketing initiatives across digital platforms and social handles. The ideal candidate will LOVE TV! They will be able to engage new and existing audiences for our current shows and specials through witty titles, engaging descriptions, easily searchable metadata, and highly clickable thumbnail copy. They will also be dynamic storyteller who can identify key moments from shows and weave them into narrative-driven videos that capture the attention of our digital audiences.
In this role, you will:
- Support our Creative Content team by ideating and writing digital and social content for our shows fan bases.
- Immerse yourself in your assigned roster of shows and become an expert in the characters, talent, storylines, popular moments, and more.
- Craft and edit creative copy for social channels with a clear understanding of how our audiences interact with our content across formats and platforms.
- Partner closely with the Social Marketing team to maintain a clear, authentic voice across platforms/handles and adjust copy as needed.
- Stay on top of digital and social trends to identify content that will appeal to our audiences.
- Work with creative directors, producers, editors, and fellow writers to help craft mashups, listicles, and other digital video concepts.