Overview / Responsibilities
Wood PLC, on a global scale, serves the Pharma-Bio, Oil & Gas, Federal, Infrastructure, Manufacturing, Mining, and Power Industries. Our Philadelphia office has become the center of excellence for our global Life Sciences network. It provides process engineering, process design, and commissioning/qualification/ validation (CQV) services to pharmaceutical/biotechnology clients worldwide. For projects of every scale, we provide services that support a facility's entire life cycle to bring life-saving therapeutics from concept through fruition. Learning from our team of industry-leading experts in facility design, regulatory standards, and project management will pay dividends toward your future engineering career.
If you are a recent graduate or military veteran looking to transition into a new career to assist our clients in bringing life-changing and life-saving therapies to market, and if you possess the drive to flourish in a dynamic and exciting environment, apply today.
- Requirements to apply:
- Recent graduate (within the last 3 years) or military veteran.
- Degree in life sciences or engineering
and/or military technical field experience (5 years +).
- Interest to learn and grow in the CQV field.
- Interest to learn and grow in the Pharma-Bio Industry.
- Strong and clear communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Safety awareness.
- Healthy curiosity.
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with others .
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk, crouch, sit, and stand and may require close vision work
- Ability to work at an active construction site is required.
Selected candidates will join the team at a client site or enter the Wood CQV training program to gain an understanding of CQV prior to rotational field assignments to gain hands on experience. Skills / Qualifications
- CQV Engineers will gain experience in:
- Determining project regulatory requirements
- Working with process engineers and clients in developing user requirement specifications to document client process and regulatory requirements
- Developing test scripts and protocols to verify systems achieve user requirements
- Verifying field mechanical completion and piping and instrumentation diagrams
- Start up of installed systems and field execution of protocols to qualify and validation system suitability
- Working with clients in maintaining systems in a validated state
- Effectively interfacing and communicating with both internal and external customers.
- Project scheduling
CQV engineers are involved on projects at our client sites; therefore, the willingness for 100% travel and working at an active construction site are essential. Strong computer skills as well as strong and clear communication skills, both written and verbal are essential. Safety of our employees and others is of primary concern at Wood. The ability to work safely and keep the safety of those around in mind and the ability to recognize hazards and communicate these to the appropriate individuals is paramount. Company Overview
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. Diversity Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.