St. Luke's is proud of the skills, experience and compassion of its employees. The employees of St. Luke's are our most valuable asset! Individually and together, our employees are dedicated to satisfying the mission of our organization which is an unwavering commitment to excellence as we care for the sick and injured; educate physicians, nurses and other health care providers; and improve access to care in the communities we serve, regardless of a patient's ability to pay for health care.
The Cardiac Cath Tech is responsible for providing patient care pre, peri and post-invasive cardiac procedures under the direct supervision of a Cardiac Cath Lab RN. He/she must abide by the rules and regulations of St. Luke's Hospital and Health Network and the regulations set forth by the National Radiation Commission pertaining to radiation safety. He/she is responsible for remaining current in practice and knowledgeable in invasive cardiology technology.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Delivers professional care to patients under direct supervision of Cardiac Cath Lab RN.
- Participates in the performance of various diagnostic and therapeutic procedures in the Cardiac Cath Lab and other departments relating to procedures performed in the Cardiac Cath Lab.
- Provides accurate documentation of care provided in accordance with Hospital and Cardiac Cath Lab policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates the action of understanding of specific medications utilized in the Cardiac Cath Lab and comprehends indications for usage.
- Monitors hemodynamic status of patients and responds appropriately to fluctuation of parameters.
- Assumes on-call responsibilities as scheduled and provides voluntary additional hours as needed to complete procedures and provide patient care in the Cardiac Cath Lab.
- Demonstrates proficiency in maintaining hemostasis of access sites.
- Demonstrates proficiency in the operation of all equipment utilized in the Cardiac Cath Lab.
PHYSICAL AND SENSORY REQUIREMENTS:
Standing for up to 8 hours per day in 4 hour increments while wearing up to 20 lbs. of lead protective equipment. Sitting for up to 8 hours per day in 4 hour increments while wearing up to 20 lbs. of lead protective equipment. Walking for up to 6 hours per day in 30 minute increments. Continuous use of fingers and hands includes; frequent twisting and turning, fingering and handling and occasional firm grasping. Frequent use of upper extremities. Must be able to apply digital pressure to specific area utilizing fingers, hands, and upper extremities for up to 40 minutes without variation of pressure applied. Occasional working with arms above head and occasional lifting up to 10 lbs. above head. Rarely lifting and carrying up to 50 lbs. Frequent pushing and pulling up to 350 lbs. Occasional stooping, bending or crouching. Hearing as it relates to normal conversation, as well as high and low frequency. Seeing as it relates to general vision, near and far vision, color and peripheral vision, as well as depth perception and visual monotony. Touching as it relates to feeling, as in condition of skin and presence of pulses.
Registered Invasive Cardiovascular Technologist or Registered Radiology Technologist or Graduate of a program related to procedures performed in the Cardiac Cath Lab with successful completion of RCIS exam within 1 yr. of hire.
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
Previous Cath Lab experience preferred. ACLS within 1 yr. of hire date. BLS
Please complete your application using your full legal name and current home address. Be sure to include employment history for the past seven (7) years, including your present employer. Additionally, you are encouraged to upload a current resume, including all work history, education, and/or certifications and licenses, if applicable. It is highly recommended that you create a profile at the conclusion of submitting your first application. Thank you for your interest in St. Luke's!! St. Luke's University Health Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer.