Inpatient RN-Medical SurgicalLocation:
Wilkes-Barre, PennsylvaniaJob Category:
Inpatient RN - Registered Nurse, Nursing and Nursing SupportSchedule:
Days Work Type:
GWV Medical-Surgical Nursing DivisionDate Posted:
Job Summary Are you a RN looking to join our team of Healthcare Heroes? Through professional growth, quality improvement, and interdisciplinary collaboration, weve built an innovative culture that allows nurses to grow their skillsets, develop their practice, and leverage their years of experience to build a rewarding, lasting career with impact. Our Geisinger nurses make a difference in the lives of the people they see every day- our friends, neighbors, and family members. To join Geisinger as an Inpatient RN and start leading healthcare change, please apply now!
The Registered Nurse assesses plans, organizes, performs, and evaluates nursing activities to meet the needs of the patient. Promotes adaptive responses of patient andfamily to achieve the highest level of patient care, promote safety, and maximize patient satisfaction. Exhibits compassionate care during patient-nurse interactions. Coordinates patient care and interaction of staff. Meets the qualifications to provide care for patients in their assigned nursing unit. Responsible for ensuring the very best patient andfamily experience by optimizing all interactions.
- Completes assessments as established by scope of practice and unit standards.
- Addresses physical, psychological, social, cultural, and spiritual needs of patient and family throughout the continuum of care.
- Formulates, coordinates, and provides plan of care as established in unit standards including, patient and family education, family needs and discharge planning throughout hospitalization with members of the interdisciplinary team.
- Provides direct patient care including, treatments, medications, and diagnostic studies according to policy and procedure.
- Evaluates effectiveness of nursing interventions and revises plan of care based upon patient response to interventions.
- Initiates collaboration with physicians, ancillary personnel, and other interdisciplinary team members and acts to proactively resolve and facilitate patient needs.
- Problem solves, troubleshoots and takes corrective measures in the care and handling of equipment.
- Participates in unit-based decision-making regarding the utilization of evidence- based practice.
- Actively participates as a team member working toward team goals of the unit and organization and is accountable for unit and system specific metrics.
- Actively participates in patient quality and safety education programs and other activities designed to improve departmental and organizational quality and safety.
Work is typically performed in a clinical environment. Accountable for satisfying all job specific obligations and complying with all organization policies and procedures. The specific statements in this profile are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements considered necessary to successfully perform the job.
Were proud to offer:
Competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance
The ability to work under a Temporary Practice Permit until you take NCLEX
A shared governance structure
Professional opportunities for growth and advancement
Support and mentorship from a full range of dedicated, experienced nursing leaders
Education Graduate from Specialty Training Program-Nursing (Required), Bachelor's Degree-Nursing (Preferred)
Certification(s) and License(s) Advanced Cardiac Life Support Certification - American Heart Association (AHA); Licensed Registered Nurse (Pennsylvania) - RN_State of Pennsylvania; Basic Life Support Certification - Default Issuing Body
Our Purpose & Values OUR PURPOSE & VALUES: Everything we do is about caring for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger family and our communities. KINDNESS: We strive to treat everyone as we would hope to be treated ourselves. EXCELLENCE: We treasure colleagues who humbly strive for excellence. LEARNING: We share our knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare the caregivers for tomorrow. INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community, and the nation. SAFETY: We provide a safe environment for our patients and members and the Geisinger family We offer healthcare benefits for full time and part time positions from day one, including vision, dental and domestic partners.* Perhaps just as important, from senior management on down, we encourage an atmosphere of collaboration, cooperation and collegiality. We are an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer Women and Minorities are Encouraged to Apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or their protected veteran status.