This HR professional position requires a broad and creative thinker to develop, administer, and implement Human Resources training and leadership development programs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Design, develop, implement, deliver and evaluate company training programs for employees throughout the organization.
- Targeted areas of training include but are not limited to leadership and human resources training.
- Demonstrate creative thinking and new concept ideas in all areas of adult learning.
- Collaborate with HR professionals and leaders to identify and understand training and development needs and effectively translate those needs into learning strategies.
- Monitor the effectiveness of the training programs and recommend new approaches to improve, update or enhance training initiatives.
- Evaluate various learning methods to determine the most effective means of presenting materials to achieve desired outcomes.
- Responsible for the administrative needs of the training function, including but not limited to scheduling, creation of a training calendar, ordering materials, tracking attendance and evaluation.
- Facilitate leadership roundtable sessions for company's leadership development program.
- Conduct train-the-trainer sessions for HR professionals as needed.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize assigned projects.
- Special projects as required.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Education, Training & Development, or other applicable specialties related to the job requirements
- A minimum of 3 years of work experience creating, developing, and delivering supervisory/leadership and Human Resources training.
- Ability to provide train-the-trainer sessions to HR Community to assist them in providing engaging and interactive facilitation of leadership and human resources training.
- Possess a thought process of "how can this program improve" and be able to deliver those ideas from concept to implementation.
- Track record in designing and executing successful training programs.
- Experience in administering and producing reports from a Learning Management System.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Strong knowledge of instructional design, content development and adult learning theory.
- Experience developing online training using online course development tools (i.e. Captivate or Articulate).
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Must possess and maintain a valid motor vehicle operator's license and a driving record satisfactory to the company and its insurers.
- The successful candidate will be required to successfully clear a drug screen and a complete background check, after an offer has been extended and prior to being employed.
- Job level commensurate with experience and skills.
COMPETENCIES, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Creative, expressive, and strategic mindset is a must.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively present to various size groups and leadership levels.
- English language proficiency required e.g. reading, writing, and communicating.
- Exceptional project management/time management skills to drive projects forward within budget and meet deadlines.
- Course creation, data entry, troubleshooting, and ad hoc reporting in a Learning Management System
- Develop surveys to assess the effectiveness of training, analyze the results, and provide recommendations for enhancements
- Ability to collect and analyze data in Excel, as well as create and develop reports
- Ability to successfully partner with all levels of management to identify strategic training and development needs across the organization and design and implement solutions.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities.
- Maintain a regular, dependable attendance, and high level of performance.
- Ability to work with a team, take direction from supervisor(s), prioritize work schedule, focus attention on details and follow work rules
- This is primarily an office environment with occasional travel to field locations.
- The incumbent must have the ability to work under pressure to meet competing deadlines.
- The incumbent must be self-directed and able to work with minimal supervision.
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, CERTIFICATIONS, COMPETENCIES, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Above the minimum requirements; not required but advantageous in this position:
- Familiarity and experience creating training content on HR topics e.g. FMLA, FLSA, harassment prevention, etc… and leadership soft skills such as conflict management, performance management, communication, etc.
- Knowledge of the ADDIE process, instructional design for ILT and online learning, and experience using online course development software.
- PHR, SPHR or CPLP designation a plus.
- Advanced degree in a related field.
- HR Generalist experience.
- Experience in the Oil and Gas Industry.
- Travel: less than 10%.
- 70 - 80% creating and developing HR and leadership material.
- 20 - 30%presenting to HR and leaders.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against
any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex,
age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity,
status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal,
state or local protected class.Job Requirements: