MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
This role is supporting the Attorney Development Department on various projects and coordinating on boarding and new hire orientations.
This law firm is one of Michael Page's best clients, they are seeking a rather junior candidate with a passion for HR and Legal.
- This role performs technical and administrative tasks for the Attorney Development Department and provides information and assistance to attorneys, and professional staff personnel.
- Serves as the primary contact regarding data for new hires, terminations, and all other employment data changes
- Responsible for data entry, report generation, and auditing in Workday.
- Liaison with the Payroll Department to coordinate processing of employee related transactions for Attorneys Firm-wide
- Maintains electronic personnel files and records, including name changes.
- Generates employment verification letters and completes mortgage forms.
- Provides support during the Attorney Evaluation and Compensation processes
- Communicating regularly with clients and new hires
- Gathering data from new hires and entering into HRIS database (Workday)
- HR coordination, regularly supporting and working with recruiters
- Minimum of one year of Human Resources experience or internships
- Bachelor's Degree is required (preferably in Human Resources)
- Experience with HRIS databases (People Soft, Workday, other ATS are preferred)
- Interested in growing into a Human Resources position
- Someone that wants to get corporate HR experience
- Always thinking 10 steps ahead and very eager to assist the team and improve processes
- Comfortable asking managers for direction or assistance if need be
- Comfortable communicating with clients and candidates - creating relationships and being professional
- Very sharp and polished verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to commute into Manhattan hybrid for the foreseeable future
- Fully vaccinated
- Extremely competitive salary
- True temp to perm position
- Immense growth opportunities
- Hudson Yards/Manhattan office location
- Hybrid working remote and in office schedule