St. Luke's is proud of the skills, experience and compassion of its employees. The employees of St. Luke's are our most valuable asset! Individually and together, our employees are dedicated to satisfying the mission of our organization which is an unwavering commitment to excellence as we care for the sick and injured; educate physicians, nurses and other health care providers; and improve access to care in the communities we serve, regardless of a patient's ability to pay for health care.
The Human Resources Specialist is responsible for a variety of activities in the Human Resources Department, and he/she serves as a backup to the Director of Human Resources. Activities include assisting with benefits, recruitment, volunteer engagement and employee relations. The Human Resources Specialist will assist the Director of Human Resources with multiple projects, and serve as a resource to employees and managers in regards to Human Resources related issues. In this role, he/she interacts with all levels of the organization and Network.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serves as a resource to employees and responds to inquiries related to benefits, policy/procedure, recruitment and employee relations.
- Assists with the recruitment process by screening applicants, scheduling and conducting interviews, and handling the pre-hire process, including advertising, opening, updating, and maintaining job postings and status in Workday.
- Receives telephone calls from managers and employees and provides employee relations counseling and information in accordance to department policy and programs.
- Schedules and represents St. Luke's University Health Network at various career days, job fairs, open houses, and other recruitment activities to attract qualified applicants.
- Serves as the backup to the Director of Human Resources.
- Assists Director of Human Resources in presenting policy/procedure related information to employees and Campus Managers.
- Prepares payroll period closing, including checking performance evaluations, preparing a spreadsheet for the compensation department, and coordinating sign on bonus processing with the HR Director.
- Maintains various logs such as Child Abuse/FBI and Auto Declaration/Licenses to assure compliance with state and federal regulations and ACHC accreditation standards.
- Evaluates credentials/experience and develops employment offers and correspondence (i.e. salary, timeline, orientation, and signing bonus) in accordance with the salary administration program.
- Assists and coordinates special projects/events for the Campus upon request.
- Assists with the employee photo identification badge process and maintains camera and photo supplies.
- Performs reference checks and employment verifications in accordance with Network policy.
- Serves as a resource to Campus volunteers.
- Composes letters and memoranda relevant to retention and employee relations.
- Plans and coordinates various employee rewards and recognition programs and events.
- Reviews and collates terminated employee personnel files and processes termination in Workday.
- Provides managers with a monthly list of employees due for performance evaluations; tracks monthly evaluations to ensure completion.
- Obtains new hire paperwork prior to start date and enters the new hires and transfers into Workday.
- Maintains, updates and coordinates job descriptions with the Compensation team, as required
PHYSICAL AND SENSORY REQUIREMENTS:
Sitting for up to six hours per day, one hour at a time. Standing for up to five hours per day, one hour at a time. Walking up to three hours per day, thirty minutes at a time. Fingering and handling frequently. Twisting and turning of hands occasionally. Lifting and carrying up to ten pounds, occasionally. Pushing and pulling up to 50 lbs. occasionally. Occasionally stoops, bends, squats, kneels, and reaches above shoulder level. Hearing as it relates to normal conversation. Seeing as it relates to general, near and visual monotony.
B.A./B.S. in appropriate Human Resources, Business or Psychology discipline with course work in the Human Resources field. SPHR, PHR certification preferred.
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
A minimum of two years experience in Human Resources is preferred. Must have demonstrated skills in understanding and supporting the team concept, active listening, problem solving and maintaining confidentiality. Computer skills essential, including experience with Word, Excel and Power Point.
Please complete your application using your full legal name and current home address. Be sure to include employment history for the past seven (7) years, including your present employer. Additionally, you are encouraged to upload a current resume, including all work history, education, and/or certifications and licenses, if applicable. It is highly recommended that you create a profile at the conclusion of submitting your first application. Thank you for your interest in St. Luke's!! St. Luke's University Health Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer.