Caesars Entertainment is Blazing the Trail for our team members with an all new benefits program. Full-time team members are able to choose from five different medical coverage levels and four different carriers. We also have an on-site clinic for team members to take advantage of. Team members also have a variety of options with dental and vision plans, along with other voluntary benefits. All full-time team members are able to take advantage of enrolling in this benefits jackpot with their new career at Caesars Entertainment.
Salaried Team Members can enroll in medical, dental and vision benefits at day one of employment. They are also able to enjoy Flexible Time Off at day one of employment.
Additional benefits include the option to enroll in 401k with a company match, free parking, and a wide variety of team member activities. Team members are also able to enjoy free meals in our team member dining room while on shift. This includes sandwiches, salads, fresh fruit, cereal and a wide variety of beverages.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Develops and implements a staffing and retention strategy to meet customer requirements to include sourcing, interviewing, testing, selection, and final offer recommendations.
- Assist in educating our external network and community members on job openings and requirements.
- Assist in the review of request for transfers and applications to ensure both meet requirements of job desired.
- Place job advertisements as necessary and coordinates job postings through social media and with local and corporate job boards.
- Assist in orderly filing of applications and necessary purging.
- Respond to all employee and applicant inquiries in a courteous and professional manner, within 24 hours of receiving the call.
- Ensures timely and effective responses to employee relations issues through employee and management counseling, preventative problem solving with department management to avoid legal risk related to any employment law or company policies.
- Conducts climate surveys and feedback meetings; assists in implementation of action plans; participates in unemployment hearings.
- Coordinates Board of Review (BOR) program, review implementation of BOR recommendations and develop programs in conjunction with management to overcome consistent issues.
- Participates in the coordination of annual EOS/SFS feedback for purposes of identifying respective Supervisors/Managers who need action plans to enhance performance
- Provides training, education and counseling to the workforce on HR practices, policies and guidelines including programs such as new hire orientation, performance management programs, career planning, behavioral interviewing, and other critical HR topics.
- Develops schedules and conducts supervisory, management development, career development, upward mobility, tuition reimbursement and internship programs.
- Functions as an internal consultant to assist management in the examination and identification of organizational problems, the contribution of training in solving those problems and the implementation of vehicles to reinforce the problem solution.
- Prepares and maintains training records and manuals.
- Monitors and evaluates the progress and effectiveness of training and development programs.
- Maintains compliance with policies and procedures.
- Presents oneself as a credit to the Company and encourages others to do the same.
- Performs all other related and compatible duties as assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors Degree in Business Administration, Human Resources Administration or related field or equivalent work experience strongly preferred. PHR/SPHR preferred.
- Minimum 1 year in Human Resources or recruitment/external search experience. Previous external recruitment experience (e.g., job fairs, college and community relations and placement).
- Possess strong organizational skills, able to work on multiple projects simultaneously. Ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Ability to communicate effectively with outside agencies, vendors and other contacts, customers and all levels of employees.
- Must have the ability to implement, coordinate and conduct training.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule.
- Good oral and written communication skills, must be fluent and literate in English.
- Ability to use a personal computer and appropriate software (Excel, Word, Power Point, Access and Microsoft Outlook).
- Ability to respond calmly and make rational decisions in emergency situations with co-workers, guests and vendors.
- Ability to stand and walk for entire shift and mobility to move easily around entire property.
- Physically mobile with reasonable accommodations including ability to push, pull, carry and lift up to 20 lbs., and the ability to push, pull, reach, bend, twist, stoop, stack, crouch, kneel and balance when performing job duties.
- Must be able to listen and respond to visual and aural cues.
- Must be able to tolerate areas containing second hand smoke, varying noise and temperature levels, illumination, vibration, crowds and air quality.
Harrahs Council Bluffs, Horseshoe Council Bluffs, the Mid-America Center, and the Hilton Garden Inn, all part of Caesars Entertainments expansive portfolio, are looking to bring the best talent from around the area to the Empire. We know that excellent service begins with our team members, which is why we are all inspired by the companys Mission, Vision, and Values and why we strive for greatness each and every day. From providing the best gaming experience with two casino properties to offering two hotels with varying amenities, and convention, meeting, and entertainment space perfect for events big and small, our teams and properties are here to serve the Council Bluffs-metro area no matter the need.
As a part of the new hire process, finalist candidates will be required to complete a drug test and background check prior to an offer being extended, except where applicable law requires that such pre-employment screening occur post-offer. The Company is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against employees or applicants based on race, color, national origin, sex, age over 40, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.