Leppo Rents, a leader in the construction equipment sales and rental business, is dedicated to serving our customer’s equipment needs with the best products, the best support and the best people available. We continue to receive awards for best products and best places to work year over year. We do so because as a coworker of Leppo, we are all guided by the Leppo Way:
- We Will Meet Our Commitments
- We Will Be Thorough
- We Will Make Good Decisions
- We Will Ask Questions
- Medical, Dental, FSA & Vision Insurance
- Company Paid Life Insurance/AD&D & Employee Assistance Program
- Company Paid Short Term Disability & Long-Term Disability
- 401K Plan + Match
- Paid Holidays, Time Off and Vacation
- Paid Training and Development for career and promotional opportunities
- Wellness Incentive Bonus
- Discounts on products and services + Bi-Annual funding for Company Clothing
- Quarterly and Annual Company Bonuses + Profit Sharing Eligible
- Celebration Luncheons
- Milestone Anniversary Gifts
- Work closely with the communities that we serve
Position Summary: This position is responsible for troubleshooting, maintaining and repairing new and used construction equipment products including but not limited to: Dozers, Excavators, Lifts, Loaders, Trenchers, Utility Vehicles, Generators, Compressors, Asphalt/Paver/Concrete Equipment & Platforms.
- Perform required preventative maintenance and repair on mechanical, pneumatic, electrical, diesel and hydraulic equipment.
- Effectively diagnose problems, troubleshoot, and determine necessary repairs or services.
- Explain service and repair work performed to both internal and external customers thoroughly and in a professional manner.
- Remain available and perform off-hours services to customers in accordance with the company work schedule when needed.
- Perform proper inspections and report feedback to your Location Manager.
- Test products after service/repair completion to ensure products are functioning properly and that we are delivering the highest of quality to our clients.
- Create and Implement a safe working environment for all by your daily actions and by reporting something that you may see. You must always wear required PPE.
- Complete disassembly and inspection efficiently so that parts are promptly identified and ordered.
- Provide detailed and clear service reports.
- Advise management of shortages and required repairs or service to ensure safe and effective operation of the equipment.
- Perform maintenance and repairs in accordance with equipment manufacturer's instructions and recommendations.
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment.
Skills & Characteristics Needed for Success:
- Entrepreneurial drive
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work individually and with a team
- Passion for appreciation for industry and products
- Good Decision-making skills- the ability to collect, assess and interpret relevant information and make sound decisions
- Integrity- maintain a high level of integrity in your actions and words
Experience & Education:
- Technician Experience or Education.
- Acceptable Driving Record.
- High School Diploma, GED.
- Technical or Trade School is preferred.
Working Conditions &/or Physical Requirements:
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
- This position requires but is not limited to lifting, bending, twisting, pulling, pushing, listening and speaking with internal and external clients.
Leppo Rents is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants are selected without regard to race, ethnicity, creed, color, religion, sex, age, national origin or ancestry, disability, genetic information, veteran/military status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristic under federal, state or local law.
This job summary is intended to be brief and does not list all the duties for this position. Nothing in this job description should be construed as an express or implied contract of employment. Leppo Rents is an at-will employer, which means that either party is free to terminate the employment relationship at any time, without any advanced notice, for any reason or no reason.
Who We Are: Since 1945 Leppo Rents has been serving the compact construction market in Northeast Ohio, Texas, Alabama, and Florida. We are a proud Bobcat, JLG, Hydro Mobile, and Doosan dealer with approximately 200 employees, eight different retail locations throughout Northeast Ohio and, recently, one location in Midland, Texas and two each in Alabama and Florida. Our company is growing and ranked the country's 73rd largest equipment rental company.