Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently searching for a Geotechnical Engineer
interested in playing a key role in expanding the capabilities of our geotechnical engineering group which provides geotechnical services to our clients, ranging from field exploration programs and laboratory testing to the design and construction management of complex geotechnical structures.
This position offers the opportunity to work on engineering and geotechnical projects in a multi-discipline project team environment. Supporting our Los Angeles, CA
team, you will be overseeing engineering analysis, geotechnical engineering designs and construction solutions for our clients. Key Responsibilities:
Skills / Qualifications
- Perform field sampling observations and data collection assignments under limited supervision of more experienced field personnel.
- Compile information from reports and published documents. Evaluate and/or analyze the compiled information following standard methods or specific instructions.
- Review client documentation and/or assess existing site.
- Perform increasingly complex, non-routine calculations. May input data into and/or run advanced computer programs under supervision.
- Recognize and identify discrepancies in results obtained in such assignments and follows up through a series of related steps or procedures. Suggests solutions on unresolved situations and/or activities to the project manager.
- Prepare complete drafts of routine technical reports or portions of more complex documents, manuals and field reports, subject to review and approval by the project manager.
- Under guidance of the project manager or senior staff, represents Wood and interacts in a professional manner with client and subcontractor representatives while on field assignments.
- Responsible for ensuring the Firm's administrative and financial policies and procedures as well as the methods and procedures specific to their specific discipline are followed.
- Understands and applies safety requirements in the field.
- May travel frequently to project sites, including sites remote from the office, as part of on-site team.
LICENSE / CERTIFICATON REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor's Degree required; Master's Degree desirable.
- 2 - 5 years of related work experience.
- Experience with desktop and industry-specific software (e.g., MSOffice, AutoCAD, and MSProject) required.
- Hands on knowledge on the use of field equipment.
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to establish effective internal and external working relationships.
- Ability to communicate clearly with on-site contractors, supervisor or project manager regarding work assignments required.
PHYSICAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Valid driver's license and insurable driving record.
- Must pass 40 Hour HAZWOPER Training and annual refresher course, desirable.
- Expected to pursue certification/registration in related area, if available.
- Ability to stoop, kneel, climb and lift up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to drive large pick-up truck; ability to drive a trailer helpful.
- Ability to use hands to operate field equipment.
- Close, distance, and peripheral vision; normal auditory function.
- Must complete employment physical demonstrating ability to meet job requirements, including the ability to wear a respirator, as required.
- Completion of annual or bi-annual employment physical, as required.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. Diversity Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.