Join FUJIFILM Diosynth Biotechnologies in our new facility location - Thousand Oaks, California! The Financial Analyst will report directly to the Head of Finance at the FUJIFILM Diosynth Biotechnologics California (FDBC) location. The job holder will identify financial status and assist in the formulation of internal controls. They will guide cost analysis processes by establishing and enforcing policies and procedures.
The work we do at FDB has never been more important-and we are looking for talented candidates to join us. We are growing our locations, our capabilities, and our teams, and looking for passionate, mission-driven people like you who want to make a real difference in people's lives. Join our new FDB facility in Thousand Oaks, CA and help manufacture the next cell therapy in partnership with some of the most innovative biopharma companies across the globe. We are proud to cultivate a culture that will fuel your passion, energy and drive - what we call Genki.
The Financial Analyst will analyze financial status by collecting, monitoring, and studying data; recommending actions. Financial planning and strategy along with Process Improvement and problem solving are key responsibilities.
Reports to Head of Finance FDBC
Work Location Thousand Oaks, CA
Travel Travel required (Up to 10%)
- Reconcile and manage raw material inventory.
- Increases productivity by developing automated accounting applications; coordinating information requirements.
- Identifies financial status by comparing and analyzing actual results with plans and forecasts.
- Assist in the formulation of internal controls and policies to comply with legislation and established best practices.
- Assist in the preparation of financial statements in compliance with official guidelines and requirements.
- Guides cost analysis process by establishing and enforcing policies and procedures; providing trends and forecasts; explaining processes and techniques; recommending actions.
- Improves financial status by analyzing results; monitoring variances; identifying trends; recommending actions to management.
- Reconciles transactions by comparing and correcting data.
- Maintains database by entering, verifying, and backing up data.
- Recommends actions by analyzing and interpreting data and making comparative analyses; studying proposed changes in methods and materials.
- Protects operations by keeping financial information confidential.
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing publications.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- BS/BA in accounting, finance or relevant field is preferred.
- Professional certification (e.g. CPA) preffered.
- 2+ years' experience as a Public Accountant.
- Solid knowledge of GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles) and regulations.
- Excellent knowledge of accounting and financial processes (budgeting, financial closure, reporting etc.).
- Understanding of data analysis and forecasting.
- Audit experience preferred.
- Well-organized with ability to prioritize.
- Very good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Attention to detail and problem-solving ability.
- Role model for company core values of trust, delighting our customers, Gemba, and Genki.
Join us! FDB is advancing tomorrow's medicine, impassioning employees to chase the impossible and continually expand their potential. We are a company of emboldened goal seekers - driven by an innate desire to better ourselves, our families, our workplace, our company, our community and the world at large.
FDBC is an equal opportunity employer to all, regardless of age, ancestry, color, disability (mental and physical), exercising the right to family care and medical leave, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, religious creed, sex (includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and related medical conditions), and sexual orientation and any other status protected by state or federal law.
To all agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of FUJIFILM about this requisition. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at FUJIFILM via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of FUJIFILM, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by FUJIFILM for this requisition and a valid agreement with FUJIFILM is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the FUJIFILM agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.