The world isn't standing still, and neither is Allstate. We're moving quickly, looking across our businesses and brands and taking bold steps to better serve customers' evolving needs. That's why now is an exciting time to join our team. As a leader in a corporation with 83,000 employees and agency force members, you'll have a hand in transforming not only Allstate but a dynamic industry. You'll have opportunities to take risks, challenge the status quo and shape the future for the greater good.
You'll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards - a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from life's uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For 89 years we've thrived by staying a step ahead of whatever's coming next - to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. We've been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We don't follow the trends. We set them.
- Sign On Bonus : 5000 SIGN ON BONUS!
Allstate Insurance is changing the way the insurance industry looks and we want you to be part of our growing team! Our focus on creating extraordinary customer experiences, establishing connections through technology, and using continuous improvement is transforming how we settle insurance claims.
Unexpected events are often unnerving. So, it takes someone special to put the pieces back together for our customers.
This is the opportunity you've been looking for to truly impact someone's life! Start your claims professional career today as a Field Property Adjuster in Uniondale, NY (Property 600) area and be part of our dynamic team!
A Day in the Life of a Field/Virtual Property Adjuster:
• Spend part up to 30% traveling to loss sites that have been damaged by fire, water, weather, or other unexpected events and about 70% handling claims virtually from home
• Conduct a detailed inspection of the property and write an estimate to capture the extent of the damages
• When you are not in the field, use advanced video technology to collaborate with onsite vendors to identify damages and write a damage estimate from a virtual setting
• Review the policy and decide how coverage applies and provide the customer with a detailed explanation of both the estimate and the policy
• Communicate empathetically with customers and help them through their claim process in a fast, fair, and easy manner
• Negotiate claim settlements with customers in accordance with business unit standard methodologies
• Use data and analytics to tell a story and influence decision making
• Flexibility to work in a variety of environments - independently, within a team, face-to-face, and virtually
• This is a demanding field position that will require you to travel within the territory as much as 75% of your working time. In addition, you must be able to carry and set up a 50lb. ladder
When will I work?:
• Training will be Monday-Friday 8-5pm (Virtual Training)
• You must be willing to work some weekend and extended hours if/when necessaryYou're a great match for this role if you have:
• A High School Diploma/GED or higher (Bachelor's Degree preferred)
• 2 years of previous experience in construction, restoration, or real estate appraisals
• Have prior experience using estimating software like Xactimate
• Value providing an effortless customer service experience
• You enjoy the ability to work independently starting your day from home, and traveling to various locations to restore peoples' lives through outstanding customer service
• View problems and setbacks as opportunities for improvement and look forward to coming up with creative solutions
• Are organized and able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
• Are known for clear and professional communication - both written and verbal
• Being bilingual and/or having prior military experience is a plus
• This position is not available for California, Alaska, and Hawaii residents
• Valid Driver's License What's in it for you?
• Compensation range for this position is $52,500 per year or more, based on experience and qualifications
• Paid training and licensing
• Internet reimbursement
• Generous paid time off (PTO)
• Tuition reimbursement
• Discounted gym memberships
• Cafeteria style health insurance plan- starts day one
• 401K match and pension plan
• Volunteer opportunities + matching donations
• Visit AllstateGoodLife.com to learn more
You're provided with comprehensive training:
• We cover the cost to help you study for and earn your license
• We offer 3 months of full paid training plus on the job training for up to an additional 3 months
• Ongoing training opportunities for continuous improvement Sign on Bonus
$5,000 sign on bonus
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary - but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.