Are you ready to grow your dream career while making others' vacation dreams come true? Marriott Vacations Worldwide is a world premier organization for Vacation Ownership with resorts at destinations around the globe. Join our team and help deliver unforgettable experiences that make vacation dreams come true.
Specific Job Summary
Provides primary administrative support to the EVP and Chief Information Officer, and other senior IT management. Is the primarily liaison for the IT Executive Leadership Team (IT ELT). Handles or assists with administrative matters of a confidential nature, frequently involving sensitive internal and/or external contact. Exhibits professional conduct and appearance in adherence with all applicable policies.
Greets persons entering the office or via video channels with a warm smile and eye contact, using their name, when possible, determine nature and purpose of visit or contact, and direct next steps accordingly including escorting to destinations in the office, if applicable. Handle and distribute incoming and outgoing mail for the CIO and the department. Open, read, and prepare responses as requested to routine correspondence, including any follow up and documentation. Take and distribute meeting minutes to appropriate individuals. Create and maintain electronic and paper-based filing and organization systems for records, reports, documents, etc. Establish SharePoint or Teams sites for executive correspondence and collaboration. Prepare emails, letters, memos, and other documents using word processing, spreadsheet, database, or presentation software. Operate standard office equipment other than computers such as telephone, fax, photocopier, calculator, and electronic peripherals.
Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others, support team to reach common goals, and listen and respond appropriately to the concerns of other associates. Demonstrates accountability and commitment to quality work. Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 10 pounds without assistance. Perform other reasonable job duties as assigned.
Specific Expected Contributions
Policies and Procedures
• Maintain confidentiality of proprietary materials and information and protect company assets.
• Follow company and department policies and procedures.
• Perform other reasonable job duties as assigned.
Associate and Third-party Vendor and Customer Relations
• Address the needs of all associates and vendors and clients working with IT in a professional, positive, and timely manner.
• Welcome and acknowledge each and every contact with a smile, eye contact, and a friendly verbal greeting, using their name when possible.
• Answer telephones and video calls using appropriate etiquette including prompt answer and with a smile in one's voice, using the callers' name, transferring calls to appropriate person/department, requesting permission before placing the caller on hold, taking, and relaying messages, and allowing the caller to end the call.
• Speak to guests and co-workers using clear, appropriate, and professional language.
• Prepare and review written correspondence (e.g., emails, business letters, memoranda, reports), including proofreading and editing written information to ensure accuracy and completeness.
• Maintains the CIOs and other IT ELT members appointment calendars, helping coordinate requested meetings, calls, and events, prioritizing sensitive matters.
• Attends executive team meetings as requested, providing documentation of meeting discussion and activities, and assisting in action items and deliverables; required support activities to include meeting reminders and catering as requested.
Working with Others
• Handle sensitive issues with associates, third-party vendors, and/or guests with tact, respect, diplomacy, and confidentiality.
• Support all co-workers and treat them with dignity and respect.
• Develop and maintain positive and productive working relationships with other associates and departments.
• Partner with and assist others to promote an environment of teamwork and achieve common goals.
• Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 10 pounds without assistance.
• Completes travel arrangements as needed or requested for the CIO and other members of the IT ELT.
• Take and distribute or post meeting minutes to appropriate individuals.
• Handle incoming and outgoing correspondence via all channels and providers.
• Plans and completes special projects and assignments by the CIO or other members of the IT ELT.
• Create and maintain electronic and if needed, paper-based filing and organization systems for reports, documents, etc.
- This includes contract and related agreements required to be signed and stored/managed on behalf of the CIO, the IT department and other IT ELT leadership .
Office Equipment and Computer Software
• Operate standard office equipment other than computers such as telephone, fax, photocopier, calculator, and electronic peripherals.
• Prepare all office correspondence through word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software; calendar management and collaboration tools; HRIS time-tracking and employee self-serve module functions.
Specific Candidate Profile
• High school diploma/G.E.D. equivalent
• 3 to 5 years of related work experience, preferably as a senior level executive assistant or similar
• No Supervisory experience is required
▪ Computer Skills
▪ Interpersonal Skills
▪ Customer Service Orientation
▪ Telephone Etiquette Skills
▪ English Language Proficiency
▪ Communication - both oral and written
▪ Positive Demeanor
▪ Detail Orientation
▪ Time Management
▪ Calendar Management
▪ Maintain Files and Records
▪ Filing and office organization
▪ Microsoft Office suite of tools including collaboration
Marriott Vacations Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture.