Job DescriptionEscrow Assistant
Chicago, IL Who We Are
Our client is building the future of real estate today. They are an essential technology platform used by hundreds of thousands of home buyers and sellers to partner with top real estate agents and win at any step of the real estate journey, whether that's finding a top agent, securing a competitive mortgage, or ensuring on-time, easy close.
Our client facilitates billions of dollars of real estate on its platform every year. Their vision is a world where every real estate transaction is simple, certain, and satisfying for all. Our client prides themselves in their company culture and has been recognized as a best place to work by Forbes. They are committed to diversity both internally and externally. Who You Are
You are a knowledgeable Escrow Assistant who is adaptable, resourceful, and deadline-driven. You are passionate about exceptional customer service and understand that technology has a valuable role to play in transforming real estate. Key Responsibilities
- Coordinating and scheduling closings with parties to the transactions
- Reviewing completed title commitments and assisting clients with eliminating any title problems prior to closing
- Tracking and obtaining lender documents, packages, and attorney figures for scheduled closings
- Ability to balance figures to Lender and Attorney Figures
- Creating a preliminary Closing Disclosing in a timely manner to request final figures
- Assisting with obtaining Village/City Transfer stamps, if requested.
- Work closely with Closers to provide our clients, loan officers, and real estate agents/attorneys an excellent closing experience
- Title company/Mortgage Company work experience or Paralegal is required
- Prior working knowledge and experience with Resware, Qualia, Softpro, RamQuest, or equivalent is required.
- Very detail-oriented with the ability to multi-task and handle high work volume and deadlines
- Outgoing and friendly with excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Flexible with responsibilities and proactively willing to assist other team members