The Environmental, Safety & Health Technician is responsible for maintaining a strong safety and environmental culture, implementation of the TPED Safety Management System "Road Maps" and ensuring FM Global, Liberty Mutual, Cal - OSHA, EPA, SCAQMD, OCSD, OC-CUPA and OCFA compliance. Works with the EH&S Manager and Safety Manager to support the company goals while meeting all environmental, health, and safety objectives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Essential functions are the core duties or tasks that the employee will perform. List the duties that are central to performing the most basic functions of the job.
1. Assist with collecting and compiling data for environmental agency reporting.
2. Assist with Safety, Dip Tank, Eye Wash Stations, Fire Extinguisher, and Fire Sprinkler Inspections (Daily, Weekly, Monthly, Quarterly and Yearly as needed).
3. Analyze data and recommend action to resolve irregularities to EHS Manager. Coordinates corrections as directed by EH&S Manager in timely manner.
4. Assist with environmental equipment calibrations.
5. Assist with Federal, State and Local Agency inspections and permit compliance.
6. Adhere to Federal and Cal-OSHA safety regulations.
7. Perform other Environmental and Safety duties as assigned
8. Assist with conducting and maintaining all Injury, Illness and Prevention Program training as needed.
9. Assist with maintaining and restocking first aid kits.
10. Assist in the implementation and compliance of site specific safety policies and programs
11. Assist in the creation of job hazard analysis and Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) assessments.
12. Assist with conducting and/or coordinating employee safety, environmental training programs and emergency response training drills.
13. Assist with performing department specific safety surveys using inspection forms to ensure employees are utilizing safe work practices such as utilizing proper PPE.
14. Assist Safety Manager to ensure safe work practices and proper PPE is being utilized by employees.
15. Assist with inspecting and restocking PPE as needed.
16. Assist in accident/near miss investigations and employee transport when necessary.
17. Assist with heat stress and employee rewards programs (prepare and pass out waters/fruit)
18. Collect, organize, review, scan and file logs, data sheets and all other documentation
19. Assist with updating and maintaining emergency evacuation folders and sds sheets
20. Performs other duties as assigned.