- Job Reference: 425341178-2
- Date Posted: 17 November 2021
- Recruiter: Mediaite
- Location: New York
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Advert / Media / Entertainment
- Job Type: Permanent
Mediaite is looking for an ambitious and energetic editor to cover breaking news in politics, media, entertainment. You would be editing, writing and reporting on everything from the White House to cable news studios in New York. In the end, you are a media critic. You will be read by the most important people in media and politics.?
If you think you have what it takes and want to drive the news cycle, then we want to talk to you.
- An in-depth knowledge of the world of news, politics and media, including online personalities, major cable and broadcast networks, leading columnists, and general thought-leaders.
- Ability to find issues bubbling up in the conservative or liberal media world before they have been widely reported?.
- A clear understanding of how Twitter, Facebook, user-generated content, and viral videos are shaping the news cycle.
- Strong news judgment and an eye for underreported content and ideas. Can you find the nugget of interest that no one else has focused on?
- Ability to write an objective news article at one moment, and transition into writing an opinionated column the next.
- Ability to handle writing and editing a high volume of news stories - from breaking news to opinion pieces.
- Ability to manage the site in a fast-paced, clear-eyed, even-handed manner. Can you handle six things at once? Can you make sound editorial decisions in the blink of an eye?
- New York or Washington based is preferred but not required.
Send us an email () with your resume and cover letter explaining why you're suited for the position. Please include links to articles you've written or edited.