The Technical Product Lead will be responsible for building and maintaining the best customer experience for an important, new breakthrough digital product for Pfizer.
In this position, you should have experience and an understanding of driving and owning digital product development principles and processes. The position will be working in close collaboration with the Product Manager and requires close interaction with Engineering and Design teams, Medical teams, Clinical Development teams and Market Access teams to drive product development. The candidate must be decisive, focused on successful outcomes, value and detail oriented, and possess the ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with the key stakeholders. The ability to negotiate will be key when discussing trade-offs with stakeholders or the team.
- Lead day-to-day product development and optimization process
- Align on product priorities with key stakeholders to build a comprehensive backlog
- Work with Engineering teams to build selected features, focusing on removing blockers and seeking alignment from all necessary parties
- Develop feature hypotheses, write clear user stories, and manage the backlog
- Ensure timely delivery for new product features
- Champion good agile practices that provide a foundation for iterative product development
- Represent both the business and the targeted end users during day-to-day product development efforts with technology and project management teams using Agile methodologies
Product Design and Development
- Effectively communicate the product strategy and roadmap to the Product Team
- Work directly with customer groups to gain an understanding of user personas, pain points and journeys
- Incorporate product, tech, & market trends into overall digital medicine design and build
- Validate product hypotheses through market experiments (surveys, concept testing, analytics tools, A/B testing, etc.)
- Work closely with engineering to understand the technical components required to enable the desired experience and ecosystem
- Manage day-to-day execution with design and engineering teams using lean and agile product development best practices
- Balance MVP mindset with building for scale; Make smart trade-offs between features/customer experience versus time-to-market
- Assist Product Manager in influencing cross-functional engineering, business / go-to-market, medical, clinical and operational teams to support scale-up and specific product features
- Assist Product Manager in ensuring appropriate linkages and coordination between product, business/go-to-market, and operational teams
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to help build product roadmaps, and create business and functional requirements
Stakeholder Management and Communication
- Communicate vision and progress to key stakeholders including Product Managers, and internal and external stakeholders (Regulatory, Medical, Quality etc.)
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams of business stakeholders to identify process and experience improvement opportunities, challenge the status quo and legacy processes
- Monitor and report on product KPIs
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business or related field required
- 10+ years of Product Owner experience
- Strong knowledge and experience of lean startup and agile software development methodologies
- Broad base of knowledge in strategy, business planning, decentralized technology, engineering, and agile development practices, among others
- Familiarity with common project management tools for sprint planning, roadmaps, and analytics, etc.
- Must possess the ability to lead product improvement independently, dealing with multiple stakeholders and demonstrating flexibility and follow-through
- Must be able to multi-task and manage multiple, different work streams
- Must have technical acumen with demonstrated ability to target and trouble shoot with success.
- Strong analytical skills with an emphasis on data-driven decision making
- Entrepreneurial spirit. Ability to operate and quickly respond to emerging needs
- Strong product mindset: Ability to quickly research, design, build and launch digital products to meet company and market needs
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as the ability to influence key partners and stakeholders
Candidate demonstrates a breadth of diverse leadership experiences and capabilities including: the ability to influence and collaborate with peers, develop and coach others, oversee and guide the work of other colleagues to achieve meaningful outcomes and create business impact.
- MBA or other advanced degree (design or engineering), or equivalent experience, a plus
- Background in computer science, engineering or software development preferred
- Proficient knowledge of JIRA and Microsoft Office Suite tools preferred
- Additional consideration will be given to individuals who, in addition to the above, have regulated medical device or digital healthcare industry, or related experience.
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
- Travel may be required as part of this role. Expectations around travel will vary but candidates must be capable of travel within the region, to other regions, and to Pfizer World Headquarters.
- Pfizer Digital is a 7x24x365 endeavor. This role may require physical or virtual participation on a weekend, holiday, or after normal business hours
Other Job Details:
- Location Information: Pfizer East Coast Locations listed and Tampa, FL
Last Date to Apply for Job: 6/24/2022
Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Information & Business Tech