Freenome is a high growth biotech company on a mission since 2014 to create tools that empower everyone to prevent, detect, and treat their disease. To achieve this mission, Freenome is developing next-generation blood tests to detect cancer in its earliest, most treatable stages using our multiomics platform and machine learning techniques. Our first blood test will detect early-stage colorectal cancer and advanced adenomas.
The Director/Senior Director Corporate Development, will develop strategies and integrated execution plans that achieve clearly defined business objectives, focusing on structuring Corporate partnerships or collaborations in R&D development, sourcing, and identifying licensing or M&A opportunities.
You will establish partnerships with a range of key contributors including, but not limited to, technology and digital platform companies, academic research centers, healthcare service organizations and others that are key to achieving our mission of accessibility, adherence, and exceptional patient care.
- Develop, lead, and implement a cohesive strategic plan for global business development with a focus on platform, academic research centers, health services organization partnerships. The strategic plan will include clear business objectives, measurable performance targets, concrete plans and tactics, and an executable framework for prioritizing opportunities within the context of Freenome's mission.
- Lead and implement the full partnership development cycle, including opportunity identification and prioritization, market research, needs analysis, presentation of partner-centric solutions, negotiation and contracting, implementation, milestone achievement, and delivery.
- Analyze industry dynamics, evaluate new opportunities and technologies, and assess the competitive landscape to define partnerships that can be formed to support Freenome's key initiatives; develop business models to analyze deals and performance.
- Work with Freenome's leadership to explore, frame, and operationalize partnership strategies, including acquisitions, partnerships, investments, licensing agreements, and other strategic growth opportunities.
- Partner with cross functional teams to ensure organizational understanding of partner requirements and how these are integral to Freenome's objectives.
Your background, perspective and experience:
- Undergraduate degree and an MBA or other advanced scientific degree and at least seven years of business development experience
- Strong scientific, technical and business acumen in genomics, NGS (next generation sequencing), proteomics, oncology, molecular diagnostics, and machine learning and artificial intelligence
- Demonstrated ability to structure and negotiate innovative, value-creating deals and a track record of success outlined in your Deal Sheet
- Proven success in developing comprehensive strategies and executing integrated plans to achieve performance targets, along with the consistent ability to apply critical and strategic thinking to each opportunity while moving fast to make an extraordinary impact for Freenome and its partners
- Work collaboratively and effectively as a team member with all internal and external partners and stakeholders
- Established network across the biotech landscape; strong customer focus with the ability to effectively and quickly build relationships built on trust, respect, and results-oriented communication
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills across a range of forums and mediums. Proven abilities in presenting complex scientific data and information in a manner that is understood by the audience, while ensuring it is relevant and compelling
- Resourceful in finding ways to achieve what is needed with a "can-do" and "make it happen" mindset that delivers results and inspires others.
As a condition of employment, you agree to know and comply with our COVID-19 vaccination policy requiring all employees who work on-site and/or attend work-related events to be fully vaccinated and to receive a COVID-19 booster once eligible. Company employees working on-site are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 and to receive a COVID-19 booster once eligible, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law. Absent a reasonable accommodation or legal exception, you agree to provide proof of your vaccination status and to be fully vaccinated by your first day on-site, in accordance with our policy. If you are currently eligible for a COVID-19 booster, you also agree to provide proof of having received a booster. If you are not yet eligible for a COVID-19 booster, you must provide proof of receiving a booster within two weeks of becoming eligible. Freenome is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. Freenome does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law. Funding
We have raised more than $1.1B from leading investors including Perceptive Advisors, RA Capital Management, Roche Venture Fund, Kaiser Permanente, Novartis and the American Cancer Society's BrightEdge Ventures. Freenomers
A 'Freenomer' is a mission-driven employee who is fueled by the opportunity to make a positive impact on patients' lives, who thrives in a culture of respect and cross collaboration, and whose work makes a significant impact on the company and their career. Freenomers are technical, creative, visionary, grounded, empathetic and passionate. We build teams around divergent expertise, allowing us to solve problems and ascertain opportunities in unique ways. Freenomers are some of the most talented experts in their fields, joining together to advance healthcare, one breakthrough at a time. Benefits include but are not limited to:
- Competitive compensation
- Pre-IPO equity
- Flexible PTO (exempt) and generous PTO (non-exempt)
- Comprehensive health coverage, including medical, dental, and vision
- Wellness and mental health resources, including Employee Assistance Programs (EAPs), Paid maternity and paternity leave
- 401(k) plan
- $250.00 new hire stipend to enhance your home office experience
- Plus, a variety of other perks, including pre-tax commuter benefits, two paid volunteer days per year, pet insurance, and additional discounts
# # # Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws.
Notice to agencies: Our in-house Talent Acquisition Team manages all employment opportunities at Freenome. Agencies and independent recruiters must be approved as a vendor by Freenome's Talent Acquisition team before submitting candidates to any Freenome employee. We do not accept unsolicited resumes or biographies from agencies under any circumstances. Any unsolicited resumes sent to Freenome, including those sent to a Freenome email address or directly to Freenome employees, will be considered Freenome property. Freenome will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume. Freenome will consider any candidate for whom an Agency has submitted an unsolicited resume to have been referred by the Agency free of any charges or fees. Please do not contact Freenome employees directly. Compliance with this request will impact our decision to work with you.
- Family & Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
- Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA)