Director of Policy and Strategic Engagement - Virtual
The Director of Policy and Strategic engagement works with assigned Health Plans to develop a market strategy and policy priorities which are aligned with the state's Medicaid program. They serve as key policy resource (SME) for the health plan work closely with the plan's leadership team to ensure we are maximizing our opportunities to drive our advocacy agenda and understand implications of policy changes. Along with the Product solution team, they ensure that the health plan is meeting commitments and preparing for future re-procurement and growth opportunities. They lead the annual strategy planning session that is a key input to a market's business plan. They may also serve as subject matter experts for assigned national policy areas.
- Leads the annual strategy and scenario planning session that helps to ensure that the health plan's current strategy is aligned to the states expectations and prepares them for their next round(s) of procurement. With the Health Plan Leadership team and the solution lead, ensures that all stakeholders are aligned on solution priorities.
- Works closely with the Health Plan to develop their policy advocacy strategy and find opportunities to move that strategy forward. Ensures that they Health Plan has the right resources to execute strategy.
- Serves as a broker for national policy and subject matter expertise to make sure they are engaged with the health plan at the right time and on the right topic as it applies to the state's strategy (i.e policy experts, DHSS, Advocacy and Engagement, External Affairs)
- Works closely with External Affairs to understand and monitor the political environment in the state, especially as it relates to C&S programs and how changes can impact them.
- Works closely with the Health Plan and the Solution team to monitor and prepare for upcoming re-procurements. Ensures that the strategy and execution will position the business to win the bud. Serves as an active participant during the re-procurement process.
- Leads ad-hoc policy work in the health plan (RFI, White Paper, etc.) helping to position the health plan leadership team to have impactful conversations with decision makers.
- Serves as a national SME on an assigned area helping to shaping national thinking and providing expertise and input to colleagues in that area.
- Undergraduate Degree
- 5+ Years of experience working in a complex and matrixed organization
- Preferred healthcare and Medicaid experience
- Strong ability to collaborate with multiple stakeholders at differing levels of an organization to develop policies or strategies
- Strong Facilitation Skills
- Previous experience coaching or influencing leaders
- Strong written and oral communications skills
- Ability to synthesize significant amounts of information to make informed decisions on existing policy and/or anticipated policy trends
- Strong personal integrity and able to think strategically
- Experience presenting complex issues to large and small audiences including panels, conference, etc.
Colorado Residents Only: The salary/hourly range for Colorado residents is $110,200 to $211,700 base. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Community & State. Challenge brings out the best in us. It also attracts the best. That's why you'll find some of the most amazingly talented people in health care here. We serve the health care needs of low income adults and children with debilitating illnesses such as cardiovascular disease, diabetes, HIV/AIDS and high-risk pregnancy. Our holistic, outcomes-based approach considers social, behavioral, economic, physical and environmental factors. Join us. Work with proactive health care, community and government partners to heal health care and create positive change for those who need it most. This is the place to do your life's best work. SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.