Timberline Disposal, a Waste Connections company, is looking for a safety conscience Diesel Mechanic
to join our GROWING team in Silverthorne, Colorado. PAY:
WHY YOU NEED TO JOIN US:
- $25.00 - $30.00 per hour working 50-55 hours a week.
- Every hour after 40 is paid overtime.
- $7,500 STAY-ON BONUS
- CULTURE: It's a Great place to work! We work in an environment where empowered, self-directed All-stars know what they do is important.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :
- INTEGRITY: Our definition is "saying what you will do and then doing it!" We keep our promises to our customers and our employees.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
- Perform repairs and assigned preventative maintenance services. Performs inspections, diagnosis, and repair of electrical, hydraulics, suspension brake and air systems on vehicles and equipment.
- Utilize vehicle computer electrical systems to interpret failure modes to initiate or assign repairs.
- Complete required paperwork utilizing fleet maintenance software program associated with repairing vehicles, documenting parts usage, and accounting for repair times.
- Reviews, completes, or assigns repairs identified on Driver Vehicle Inspection Reports. •Conducts safety checks on vehicles and equipment.
- Performs service calls for emergency breakdowns.
- Maintain a clean, safe work environment in compliance with corporate and OSHA standards.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Extensive physical activity. Requires strenuous physical work; heavy lifting, pushing, or pulling required of objects over 60 pounds.
- Work environment may be indoors in a shop, or outdoors to repair trucks on the road. Usually well-lighted and ventilated. Sometimes necessary to work in awkward or tight positions and to handle greasy or dirty tools. These factors require following basic safety precautions..
- The employee is exposed to outside weather, including frequent wet and/or humid conditions, as well as exposure to fumes and vibration. Noise level is usually moderate.
- Valid drivers license (CDL preferred, but not required).
- Ability to read, write, comprehend and communicate in English.
- Must own personal tools.
We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term & short term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to "Connect with Your Future".
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran)