Yoh is seeking a Cytogenetics/FISH Technologist to join our client's clinical lab team in Fort Myers, FL. This position is ideal for candidates who have prior working experience in a clinical lab setting and a CG(ASCP) certification.
See below for complete job responsibilities and requirements. If after reviewing, you are interested in learning more about this, or other opportunities within Life Sciences, please apply with your updated resume ASAP.
Title: Cytogenetics/FISH Technologist
Location: Fort Myers, FL
Type: Full Time/Direct Hire
Industry: Clinical Research
Pay: Competitive, depends on experience
- Process samples, and perform staining techniques to detect specific DNA sequences or chromosomal aberrations in cells obtained from hematologic blood, bone marrow, and tissue samples
- Analyzes and records FISH probe results using a fluorescent automated scanning system reports findings to the pathologist for review and interpretation
- Additional assigned duties include laboratory equipment maintenance; quality control and quality assurance activities; evaluation of new procedures and equipment; data entry and utilization of a laboratory information system; writing and revising technical procedures; and other duties required to maintain the smooth operation of the department, such as clerical duties, reagent preparation, and inventory control.
- Bachelor's degree in Biology, Chemistry, Medical Technology or a related science
- Minimum 1 year of clinical laboratory testing experience required
- CG(ASCP) certification required
- Florida state licensure required
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Proficient with computers; Familiarity with laboratory information systems are a plus
- High level of attention detail along with strong communication and organizational skills
- Flexibility to work overtime or other shifts depending on business needs