JOIN US! CORRECTION OFFICER – HIRING EVENT
Wednesday – October 20th, 2021 from 4pm – 8pm
Location: 9830 Lorain Avenue, Cleveland OH 44102
Starting Wage: $24.00 / hour + Comprehensive Benefit Package
Job Seekers Can:
Apply, test, and interview on-site
Meet Corrections and Sheriff’s Department staff on-site to learn about the job
Have a background screening conducted on-site
Please allow up to 2 hours from arrival to conclusion
Bring a valid photo identification
Masks are required
Have a high school diploma or GED
Be at least 21 years of age
Have no prior felony or major misdemeanors
Have no pending cases against them
Correction Officers are instrumental to the success of operations in the jail. Work is hands-on and interactive with different opportunities for growth. Correction officers are responsible for the supervision, safety and security of inmates and the jail itself.
Oversee and supervise inmates within the Correction Center in all daily activities, including:
- Observing inmate behavior
- Making appropriate referrals
- Inmate searches
- Enumerating inmates
- Distributing meals
- Commissary, hygiene, items and mail
- Reporting unusual incidents orally and through documentation
- Escorting inmates through the center.
- Some shifts may require mandatory additional hours to be worked.
There are continuous opportunities for advancement through two different career tracks.
- The Correction Officer career track has a direct line of advancement: Correction Officer Corporal > Sergeant > Lieutenant > Associate Warden > Warden > Administrator of Corrections
- The Law Enforcement career track offers over 100 non-correctional or law enforcement career tracks, including advancement to Security Officer and Deputy Sheriff, and the opportunity for continuous learning and the chance to experience a strong work community. You can thrive in a stable environment, positively influence the behavior of others and grow your leadership skills.
Perks & Benefits:
- Cuyahoga County will pay for your required Ohio Peace Officer Training Academy (OPOTA) training
- Rotating shifts are available, and overtime is offered to qualified officers
- We want our employees to be healthy and motivated. Cuyahoga County offers comprehensive benefits with the flexibility that meets your unique needs.
- You will be a part of a great retirement plan offered through Ohio Public Employees Retirement Plans (OPERS).