Construction Senior Accountant
- Job Reference: 425340314-2
- Date Posted: 17 November 2021
- Recruiter: Michael Page
- Location: Waltham, Massachusetts
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Accounting
- Job Type: Permanent
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Accountant - Construction will be responsible for the following:
* Prepare monthly AIA payment requisitions with supporting documentation for presentation to Owners.
* Process subcontractor/vendor billings.
* Complete accounting journal entries associated with all construction activity.
* Employ professional communication tools for effective collaboration with Construction Department team members.
* Assist with development and management of individual job budgets.
* Prepare regular reports and forecasts, including P/L, Cashflow, AR, AP, check‐runs, individual job budgets, etc.
* Assist with 3rd party audits.
* Collaborate with construction team to ensure enforcement of company's policies with respect to collection of: insurance certificates, release of liens, and similar requisite paperwork.
* Assume additional responsibilities and complete special projects as assigned.
The Accountant - Construction requires the following skill sets and qualifications:
* Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Related Degree
* 3 - 5 + years of tenure in Accounting at a Construction Company
* Knowledge and understanding of ProCore a plus
* Strong communication and organizational skills
The Accountant - Construction will be a key part of an Accounting team for a Waltham, MA based Construction Company. Annual revenue for the business is $100M + per year and they have a well-established footprint in the Northeast corridor. The Accountant will partner with Project Manager and the Finance team to ensure projects are completed in time and on budget. If you are interested in learning more that would be much appreciated.
The successful applicant will enjoy the following:
* Competitive Base Salary: $75,000 - $90,000
* Bonus eligibility
* 401k plan
* Health, dental and vision coverage
* Opportunity for career progression
If you are interested, please submit your resume for further consideration.