Avalign produces innovative, high-performance, and cost-effective medical devices with a particular focus on high growth and ingenuity. Our team is growing quickly and proud of the fact that our custom-made devices continue to make a huge difference in the lives of medical professionals and their patients. Our employees are actively involved in the design, engineering and manufacture of technologically advanced medical devices that ensure that we meet our customer’s quality specifications for each product we produce.
Avalign is looking for a CNC Operator to join our Akron location. You will Operate conventional, special purpose, and numerical control (CNC) machines and machining centers to fabricate parts according to customer specifications.
What You’ll Do:
- Studies blueprints, sketches, drawings, manuals, specifications, or sample part to determine dimensions and tolerances of a finished workpiece.
- Measures, and determines dimensions required on sample pieces & samples to determine conformance to finish specifications.
- May be required to perform inspection and statistical analysis of process to determine actions necessary to maintain quality levels on parts and process
- Verifies conformance of finished workpiece to specifications.
- May be required to discuss with engineers, production personnel, programmers, or others to resolve machining or assembly problems
- Keep their areas clean and maintained in proper order
- Other duties may be assigned.
What You Won’t Do:
- Feel stuck – we offer great opportunities to advance and learn
- Get bored – we make custom products, so no day is the same
- Feel like a number – we’re a close-knit bunch and always have each other’s backs
Who You Are:
- Strong problem solving and trouble shooting skills.
- Working knowledge of inspection equipment.
- The ability to work with basic mathematical skills such as adding, subtracting, multiplying, and dividing.
- The ability to use calculators and computers when necessary.
- Shall be required to read and interpret blueprints and drawings.
- Shall have a basic understanding of geometric tolerancing to the level that they may understand and apply the tolerancing to the manufacture and inspection of any given item.
- Oral communication and problem solving skills.
- Must be familiar with and practice internal safety standards.
- Must be respectful and display a positive attitude
What You’ll Need:
- High School diploma or GED equivalence and/or 2 years minimum machining experience.
What You’ll Enjoy:
- Competitive wage and benefits package
- Vacation, make-up time, and immediate eligibility for paid holidays
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Life and AD&D insurance, disability insurance
- Great 401k with company match
- Temperature controlled environment
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.