Bettcher Industries is a leading developer and manufacturer of innovative precision cutting and trimming tools for food processing and industrial applications. We also manufacture equipment for the restaurant, fast food and institutional foodservice. Our mission is to "Enable our customers to feed the world with Pride, Passion, and Performance". We have an excellent benefits package, air-conditioned plant, 12 paid holidays a year including a holiday shutdown at the end of the year, vacation, 401K matching program, tuition reimbursement, amongst many other "perks" of working at Bettcher Industries.
New employees are eligible for a competitive sign on bonus. If selected and you accept this position, you could receive $500.00 after 30 days of employment and an additional $500.00 after 90 days of employment. That is $1,000.00 total!
The Machinist II is qualified to run the machine on their own with minimal assistance. The operator will make minor adjustments &/or tool offsets and will work with a more senior Machinist for any major adjustments.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ability to perform limited duties with significant oversight.
- Operates machine using Cycle Start, Feed hold and Emergency stop.
- Reads and interprets work instructions for product specifications, dimensions, tolerances, and tooling instructions.
- Observes operation of machine(s) and verifies conformance of workpiece to specifications and dimensional tolerances as well as visually inspects parts for non-conformance.
- Follows standard operating production procedures and work instructions. Performs work in a systematic manner to ensure all steps are carried out in proper sequence.
- Ensures quality standards are met by reading print and using inspection equipment for (i.e., pin gauges, mics, calipers, CMM, comparator, etc.) per Quality Plan requirements.
- Seeks guidance from a senior Machinist, Quality, or Supervisor when assistance is required.
- Performs basic preventative maintenance checks and tasks on the machine.
- Accurately reports production results (labor time, part counts, and status) in the production system.
- Responsible for all housekeeping. Performs cleanup as required.
- Follows and completes daily work assignments as directed.
- Performs all tasks in a safe and responsible manner. Adheres to all safety policies and procedures.
- Responsible for meeting production requirements based on established labor standards.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Basic math skills include:
- adding, subtracting, multiplying, and dividing whole numbers and decimals
- ability to convert fractions into decimals and vice versa
- ability to calculate percentages
- Basic computer skills including typing and ability to enter data into Bettcher workstations.
- Verify the setup of and operation of gages and other measuring equipment.
- Ability to demonstrate proper usage of gages (i.e., caliper, micrometer, and depth gage).
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and/or technical drawings including GD&T and apply the information as it relates to gaging, dimensioning, and tolerancing.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- 5+ years of continuous CNC experience in manufacturing machining.
- Stable job history
- Light physical effort equal to frequent lifting or moving of lightweight materials.
- Regularly required to sit or stand, bend and reach and walk in order to operate multiple machines simultaneously.
- May occasionally lift up to 25 pounds.
Employment at Bettcher Industries is contingent upon the successfully completing both a pre-employment background check and a drug screening.
All candidates hired must be able to provide proper documentation of their eligibility to work in the US (I-9 form).
Bettcher Industries is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans (M/F/D/V)
Our company values are Courage, Authentic, Creative, and Drive for Results