Michael Baker International is seeking a Civil Engineering Associate with a focus on transportation engineering. The Civil Engineering Associate will primarily be responsible for civil roadway design and analysis of civil engineering and infrastructure projects such as roads, bridges, and airports. You will leverage your engineering knowledge and skills to prepare basic studies, construction documents, drawing, maps, reposts and supporting documentation and calculations.
- The best part of being a Civil Engineering Associate at Michael Baker is that no two days will be the same. You will face different challenges every day, some of which will be extraordinarily complex.
- Most days will be spent in the office preparing quantities and construction cost estimates, technical reports and construction drawings as well as coordinating with technicians to ensure timely and accurate document and drawing preparation.
- On some days, you will make field visits to project sites to investigate, record, and photograph local conditions.
- You will feel a sense of pride in knowing that you are helping Michael Baker International provide innovative solutions to transportation challenges, big and small, and Making a Difference for the clients and communities we serve!
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering.
- 0-2 years of progressive highway design experience for transportation clients
- Engineer-in-Training (EIT) certificate
- Ability to work on multiple tasks and assignments simultaneously and assist in the preparation of reports, plans and designs for projects.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office suite of products. Experience in Autodesk's AUTOCAD, Bentley MicroStation, Inroads and Civil 3D is highly desirable.