MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
Chief Estimator opportunity with a large general contractor in the Raleigh-Durham market. The Raleigh office focuses mainly in the pharmaceutical and biotech markets and has seen an influx of work due to the current climate amid COVID-19. The business is seeking a qualified Chief Estimator due to growth. The business is growing rapidly and offers a great opportunity to progress from a Lead or Senior estimating role into team leadership.
Michael Page has been retained by a national construction management firm with a storied history in the Carolina's market. With an established presence in Raleigh-Durham, the office builds predominantly in the Pharmaceutical, Biotech, and Life Science markets in the RTP and surrounding area, with work typically $20M - $40M range but have built $100M projects. Since the business has focused on its core markets, they have proven market stability during any economic turns. The business is seeking a Sr Chief Estimator - Life Science Construction - Raleigh with a track record in life science or commercial construction.
Please apply below now for immediate consideration or contact Harry directly at .
Reporting into the Vice President of Preconstruction, the Chief Estimator - Life Science Construction - Raleigh will be responsible for the following:
- Taking a leadership role during the design and construction document phases of the project in an effort to reduce construction costs through design efficiency and value engineering
- Collaborating with architects, engineers and other design and third party consultants in the preparation and review of contract documents including landscape architects and interim designs
- Communicating with VP and Project Managers on design, pricing models, forecasting, trends, and issues
- Lead the constructability review and redlines of plans and specifications at designated design miletones
- Developing RFP for design-build subcontractors and leading the coordination meetings for subcontractors
- Oversee and manage all staff who have been assigned to preconstruciton efforts. Responsible for participating in the recruitment of other personnel needed to execute the preconstruction tasks
- Collaborating with the project cost estimating group in assuring design efficiency, design build elements, cost control, and quality
- Prepare and distribute bid packages, review, spreading and comparison of bid proposals and conducting interviews of potential subcontractors and vendors
- Build relationships with material suppliers, subcontractors, and other construction precon managers and estimators in the local market
The successful candidate will have:
- Bachelors Degree in Construction Management, Engineering, Architecture, or a related field
- 10+ of construction experience, with 5+ years of preconstruction experience
- Proficient in AutoCAD, Rivet, BIM, Procore and related software
- 5+ years experience in preconstruction and estimating within life science, healthcare, or commercial construction
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Local to the Raleigh area preferred, although relocating candidates will be considered
The successful Chief Estimator will receive:
- Competitive base salary contingent on experience, ranging $125,000-$150,000
- Great benefits package including health, vision, dental insurance
- 3+ weeks of PTO in year 1
- Above market bonus plan
- Opportunity to for career progression into leadership for one of the most established GCs in the Triangle!