We are currently searching for a Cell Development Scientist to provide support to the National Institutes of Health (NIH). This opportunity is a full-time position with MSC and it is onsite in Gaithersburg, MD.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Advance vaccine and therapeutic protein candidates including monoclonal antibodies, recombinant proteins, and virus-like particles by developing stable cell lines for preclinical development programs.
- Independently culture mammalian cells in plates, shake flasks, and small-scale bioreactors with aseptic technique.
- Perform transfection, selection, cloning, and maintenance of cells expressing proteins of interest.
- Generate stable pools and perform transient protein production for supply of reagent-grade material.
- Prepare plasmid DNA using standard molecular cloning techniques.
- Participate in cell line development platform design, optimization, and cycle-time reduction studies including methods for clone selection, expansion, ranking, and characterization by reviewing recent literature and new technologies.
- Identify, propose, and execute process and procedural changes to improve process performance, robustness, productivity, and efficiency.
- Independently design, perform, and troubleshoot experiments and analyze data.
- Plan and execute cell line development projects from plasmid construction through top clone selection.
- Oversee maintenance and support for one or more pieces of laboratory instrumentation.
- Generate, maintain and review accurate daily records of experiments and results in a laboratory notebook.
- Prepare and review experimental plans, proposals, reports, SOPs, and production records.
- Collect information, draft and verify data for program sections of pre-IND and IND documents to ensure successful registration of candidates.
- Review experiments in order to evaluate the progress of the research and ensure that experiments and documentation conform to established protocols.
- Work closely with other members of the team, upstream process development and downstream process development teams to improve workflow efficiency and overall process yield.
- Work with Federal Task Leader to manage project timelines and provide regular updates to project teams.
- Coordinate team meeting updates and presentations.
- Ph.D. in Biological Sciences with a minimum of two (2) years of independent research experience in an academic or industrial setting.
- Hands-on experience with aseptic technique and mammalian cell culture along with supporting technologies for cell line engineering including cell counting, high-throughput transfection, single-cell cloning, flow cytometry, and automated small-scale bioreactor systems.
- Familiarity with molecular cloning methods, PCR, and agarose gel electrophoresis as well as supporting software for generating and editing plasmid maps.
- Ability to independently design experiments and work plans and manage project timelines for complex projects.
- Experience in preparing technical reports, standard operating procedures, and data presentations.
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment within the cell line development team and with other teams.
Dovel Technologies and its Family of Companies (Medical Science & Computing and Ace Info Solutions) was acquired in October 2021.
Guidehouse is a leading global provider of consulting services to the public sector and commercial markets, with broad capabilities in management, technology, and risk consulting. By combining our public and private sector expertise, we help clients address their most complex challenges and navigate significant regulatory pressures focusing on transformational change, business resiliency, and technology-driven innovation. Across a range of advisory, consulting, outsourcing, and digital services, we create scalable, innovative solutions that help our clients outwit complexity and position them for future growth and success. The company has more than 12,000 professionals in over 50 locations globally. Guidehouse is a Veritas Capital portfolio company, led by seasoned professionals with proven and diverse expertise in traditional and emerging technologies, markets, and agenda-setting issues driving national and global economies.
Guidehouse is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.
Guidehouse will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law or ordinance, including the Fair Chance Ordinance of Los Angeles and San Francisco.
If you have visited our website for information about employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require accommodation, please contact Guidehouse Recruiting at 1- or via email at . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodation.
Guidehouse does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Guidehouse, and Guidehouse will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.