Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals, and branded generic medicines. Our 109,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Our Neuromodulation business is an area of expertise for Abbott. This business includes implantable devices compatible with mobile technology to help people who suffer from chronic pain and movement disorders. Our Solutions include Proclaim (TM) XR SCS System, the #1 Spinal cord stimulator on the market, Proclaim (TM) DRG Neurostimulator, the only FDA approved DRG therapy and a market leader in radiofrequency ablation therapy, Abbott RFA. These non-opioid therapies allow us to provide interventional pain therapy to patients throughout the pain continuum. Our deep brain stimulation technology for progressive diseases help people manage their Parkinson's disease and essential tremor symptoms, steering away from side effects.
Our location in Plano, TX currently has an opportunity for a Buyer II. The Buyer II works with internal and external parties to resolve component shortages in a fast paced manufacturing environment.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Ensure efficient supply of components to meet customer and business needs.
- Effectively manage inventory to meet business objectives.
- Think creatively, get out of the box and solve problems.
- Place and manage purchase orders.
- Expedite, de-expedite and place orders based on signals from SAP MRP exception messages.
- Work with suppliers to meet revised dates and quantities to support manufacturing.
- Ensure SAP reflect the latest supplier commitments and gaps in supply are escalated.
- Maintain and improve SAP master data and functionality.
- Ensure pricing, payment terms, supplier master and other purchasing specific master data is correct.
- Explore existing and new functionality to develop ways to improve the purchasing process.
- Monitors supplier performance.
- Develop and generate reports that support understanding supplier performance.
- Work with suppliers and commodity managers to improve supplier performance.
- Set expectations with suppliers on levels of service.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU'LL BRING
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain, Business or equivalent work experience.
- 2+ years of related work experience with demonstrated understanding of purchasing
- 1+ years of experience with MRP/ exception message management in SAP or Oracle and MS Excel analysis and reporting
- Strong oral and written communication skills
Ability to work independently and simultaneously manage multiple projects/priorities.
Medical device manufacturing industry experience
Capital equipment manufacturing experience.
Professional certification in purchasing or materials management.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
- A fast-paced work environment where your safety is our priority (Include for Manufacturing roles only)
- Production areas that are clean, well-lit and temperature-controlled (Include for Manufacturing roles only)
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully:
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
Connect with us at , on Facebook at and on