Join NORC's Facilities department as the Associate Director, where you'll serve as principal for the facilities team and office services management for NORC offices, in conjunction with the Director. Based in our 55 East Monroe Street office in Chicago, this person serves the Loop office, Hyde Park campus office, and management of survey operations centers in Wichita and Albuquerque, as well as satellite offices in Atlanta, Cambridge, Sacramento, and Silicon Valley. Oversees the smooth running of mail, print, reception, office services, and special project support as needed.
To comply with the Executive Order issued by President Biden on September 9, 2021, all NORC employees and contractors - including those working remotely - must be fully vaccinated by Wednesday, December 8, 2021, as a condition of employment. This means that a 2nd injection (if applicable) must be given two weeks prior to the deadline (by November 24, 2021.)
The Facilities team is responsible for day-to-day operations at each of NORC's office locations. This includes real estate planning, space planning and management, emergency procedures, access control, security and key card services, construction management, travel management, mail and shipping operations, print center operations, front desk services, furniture purchasing, office maintenance, and general upkeep and cleanliness.
- Primary liaison to building management in Chicago, Hyde Park, Albuquerque, and Wichita for maintenance issues and needs, emergency service and primary emergency contact, Certificates of Insurance, and non-capital and capital facilities project management.
- Works closely with Ricoh site manager to ensure effective operations of reception, office, mail, and print services and special project support as needed including the management of employees in Chicago and ABQ and WCT.
- Responsible for physical security for all NORC facilities, including security card access system. Audit security access reports on a regular basis; work closely with IT Security Officer on government audits as required.
- Oversee Life/Safety program and participate in Corporate Emergency Planning and Preparedness efforts. Work with Director on interface with Building and Property managers on all Leasing and critical building issues; Emergency contact for all building emergencies in Chicago. Oversees Omnilert Mass Notification System including bi-weekly updates to the system to ensure compliance and running annual tests in conjunction with Director.
- Acting as back-up to Manager, Facilities, Chicago by cross-training across multiple responsibilities.
- Manage vendor relationships to ensure NORC offices have goods and services needed to effectively operate through competitive bids and RFP's, and external contracts.
- Provides estimates for annual budgets for maintaining offices.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree and Minimum of 10 years' experience in facilities and office management services including facilities planning, design, and support services and construction coordination related to medium to large offices
- At least 5 years of supervisory experience.
- Experience with commercial real estate issues, principles of interior design and space allocation, City of Chicago building codes, blueprint reading, contract and purchasing methodology and terminology.
- Microsoft Office Proficiency: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Able to develop, implement and monitor budgets and project scheduling;
- Able to develop, implement, and monitor standards necessary to ensure consistent and cost-effective level of facilities design, implementation, control, and evaluation
- Ability to assess relative strengths of various vendors;
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- A strong team player willing to pitch in at any level when the need arises.
- Exceptional Customer Service and ability to work with all levels of staff.
- Able to travel occasionally to remote survey operation centers.
- Certified Facility Manager (CFM) certification a plus.
WHAT WE DO:
NORC at the University of Chicago is an objective, non-partisan research institution that delivers reliable data and rigorous analysis to guide critical programmatic, business, and policy decisions. Since 1941, our teams have conducted groundbreaking studies, created and applied innovative methods and tools, and advanced principles of scientific integrity and collaboration. Today, government, corporate, and nonprofit clients around the world partner with us to transform increasingly complex information into useful knowledge.
WHO WE ARE:
For over 75 years, NORC has evolved in many ways, moving the needle with research methods, technical applications and groundbreaking research findings. But our tradition of excellence, passion for innovation, and commitment to collegiality have remained constant components of who we are as a brand, and who each of us is as a member of the NORC team. With world-class benefits, a business casual environment, and an emphasis on continuous learning, NORC is a place where people join for the stellar research and analysis work for which we're known, and stay for the relationships they form with their colleagues who take pride in the impact their work is making on a global scale.
NORC is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer that values and actively seeks diversity in the workforce. NORC evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and other legally- protected characteristics.