Special Instructions Summary
This is a limited term position with approved funding through June 30, 2022.Department
ENROLLMENT MANAGEMENT (BL-OES-IUBLA)Department Information
The Office of Enrollment Management serves Indiana University Bloomington by recruiting, enrolling, and serving the undergraduate population. We are deeply committed to transforming students' lives through access, engagement, and success while becoming the most innovative, strategic, and visionary enrollment management team in the nation. With a strong focus on diversity and excellent service, OEM works with campus partners to make IU Bloomington the best university possible.Job Summary Department-Specific Responsibilities:
- Coordinates, processes, verifies, and maintains documentation, I-9s, background checks, and employee leaves of absence.
- Assists Administrative team by researching information and answering HR or policy relate questions.
- Creates, compiles, and prepares reports and documents.
- Performs data entry for processing transactions and maintaining current employee information.
- Provides back up support for OEM Administration payroll processing.
- Provides general office assistance to the OEM RC and Vice Provost.
- Provides administrative support on special projects such as annual RC events and departmental projects.
- Maintains high standards of confidentiality and discretion.
- Evaluates office production, revises procedures, or devises new forms to improve efficiency of workflow.
- Organizes office operations and procedures, such as creation of Word and Excel files, bookkeeping, and preparation of payrolls, flow of correspondence, filing, requisition of supplies, and other office services.
- Oversees opening, sorting, and routing of incoming mail, answers correspondence and prepares outgoing mail.
- Monitors the use of office supplies and equipment; reorders items as required.
- Ensures that office procedures and policies are being maintained and communicated.
- Compiles, copies, sorts, and files records of office activities.
- May perform other duties related to maintaining an internal website and/or working with social media.
- High school diploma or GED.
- 2 years of relevant experience.
- Proficient communication skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidential information.
- Demonstrates excellent judgment and decision making skills.
- Ability to simultaneously handle multiple priorities.
- Maintains a high degree of professionalism.
Working Conditions / Demands
- Demonstrated customer service skills.
- Highly thorough and dependable.
- Strong organizing and prioritizing skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word.
This role requires the ability to effectively communicate and to operate a computer and other standard office productivity equipment. The position involves sedentary work as well as periods of time moving around an office environment and the campus. The person in this role must be able to perform the essential functions with or without an accommodation.Job Classification
Career Level: Intermediate
Job Function: General Administration
Job Family: Administrative Generalist
Click here to learn more about Indiana University's Job Framework.Posting Disclaimer
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, there may be differences in the working conditions as advertised in our standard job postings (e.g., the ability to travel from one campus to another, etc.). If you are invited for an interview, please discuss your questions or concerns regarding the working conditions at that time.
This posting is scheduled to close at 11:59 pm EST on the advertised Close Date. This posting may be closed at any time at the discretion of the University, but will remain open for a minimum of 5 business days. To guarantee full consideration, please submit your application within 5 business days of the Posted Date.
If you wish to include a cover letter, you may include it with your resume when uploading attachments.New employees will be provided with information regarding Indiana University's COVID-19 vaccine policy, which includes the opportunity to request an exemption. To learn more, view our COVID-19 vaccine information page.Equal Employment Opportunity
Indiana University is an equal employment and affirmative action employer and a provider of ADA services. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ethnicity, color, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, national origin, disability status or protected veteran status. Indiana University does not discriminate on the basis of sex in its educational programs and activities, including employment and admission, as required by Title IX. Questions or complaints regarding Title IX may be referred to the U.S. Department of Education Office for Civil Rights or the university Title IX Coordinator. See Indiana University's Notice of Non-Discrimination here which includes contact information.Campus Safety and Security
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report, containing policy statements, crime and fire statistics for all Indiana University campuses, is available online. You may also request a physical copy by emailing IU Public Safety at or by visiting IUPD.Contact Us