Serving individuals and families throughout Kansas and Oklahoma, DCCCA has proudly served the residents of our communities with a spirit of openness and acceptance for over 45 years. Are you ready to join us?
DCCCA is looking for qualified, capable professionals to fill the role of Administrative Assistant with our Kansas Traffic Safety program in the Topeka, KS area. The position offers a wealth of personal and professional rewards that allow you to make a difference as well as a living.
The Kansas Traffic Safety Resource Office (KTSRO) is a collaboration between the Kansas Department of Transportation's Bureau of Traffic Safety Section and DCCCA whose mission is to provide public information and education to protect Kansans from avoidable injury or death on Kansas roadways.
The KTSRO Administrative Assistant facilitates the effective flow of communication throughout the traffic safety resource office, working both independently and as a part of the KTSRO team.
- Receives visitors, clients or customers; handles mail and deliveries
- Performs clerical duties such as typing and proofreading; sorting and distributing mail and internal communication; answering, screening, routing or taking messages from outside telephone calls and web email
- Prepares correspondence, reports, updates and other complex documents; Maintains mailing lists
- Composes and prepares answers to routine letters; Files documents and maintains filing system
- Reviews inventory levels of supplies and materials and orders new supplies and materials as necessary
- Receives, stores, and distributes inventory materials and assembles materials for distribution
- Coordinates project activities, assists with logistical arrangements for trainings and assists coordinator when necessary
- Assists the Director of Traffic Safety and other team members as requested and when necessary
- Documents required activities and prepares monthly narrative reports on grant activities and submits other reports as requested
- Prepares notebooks and supplies for trainings and meetings, keep an account of registration fees, and attends trainings when requested
As a vital member of our Traffic Safety team, the Administrative Assistant should be service-oriented with a passion for helping others. Active listening, professionalism, and excellent communications skills are required for success in this role.
Additional requirements of the position include:
- Requires high school education; Bachelor's degree preferred
- Must be detail-oriented and proficient in data entry/computer use
- Requires excellent creativity, organizational, communication and time management skills, and the ability to work both independently and as a member of the traffic safety team
- Must be able to interact with diverse groups
- Valid driver's license with a good driving record
- Must pass pre-employment background checks and drug screening
Taking a job at DCCCA means more than just accepting a job - it means becoming a part of our professional family. At DCCCA, our commitment to growth, wellness, and vitality extends to our clients and providers alike. The waiting period for benefit eligibility has been waived so newly hired employees are eligible the first of the month after 30 days of employment.
Our benefits include:
- Paid Sick/Vacation (includes 3 self-care days)
- 10 paid Holidays (including 3 flex holidays)
- 403(b) Retirement Plan with employer match
- Employer paid Life Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending
- Paid Training
- Public Service Student Loan Forgiveness eligible employer
Our culture is one that supports your development goals, both personally and professionally, right from the start! We proudly offer you the opportunity to grow your career in the healthcare industry within a creative, collaborative environment that inspires your success and rewards your performance. Highly competitive compensation, continuous professional development support, flexible work schedules, and numerous work/life balance rewards are all a part of the package for the Administrative Assistant at DCCCA.