Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals, and branded generic medicines. Our 109,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Primary Job Function:
Provides general administrative support to one or more managers or directors as assigned. May provide back up support to higher-level management as needed.
Core Job Responsibilities:
- Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies and procedures.
- Responsibilities include all administrative functions of the department: answering phones, calendar management, scheduling travel, managing correspondence and scheduling couriers, processing expense reports, meeting/event planning, creating or modifying business documents, preparing presentations from source materials, handling teleconference and BlackBerry setups, acting as a liaison for remote access issues.
- May include some support for tracking budget expenditures.
- Coordinates and maintains departmental files, as assigned, in compliance with corporate and government regulations.
- Follows purchasing and requisition procedures, Corporate Security and Privacy Rules, Corporate Branding Guidelines, and Copy Center procedures (if applicable). Orders business cards and stationery.
- Uses basic to intermediate software skills to perform work assigned.
- Uses and understands Microsoft Office Suite and other business-specific software, including the Corporate Travel Web site, and employee performance management systems (as applicable).
- Coordinates new employee office set-ups and onboarding.
- May train/coordinate work for new administrative assistants.
- Position Accountability / Scope:
- Frequently interacts with high-level executives.
- Basic to intermediate knowledge and understanding of business processes and requirements.
- Frequently handles confidential or business-sensitive information. Data is typically employee-level or one-dimensional.
- Maintains and may manage calendars, including meeting and travel scheduling and domestic and international travel arrangements.
- Proactively identifies and resolves scheduling conflicts.
- May be the primary point of contact for manager's schedule.
- High School diploma or equivalent. Some college preferred.
Minimum Experience / Training Required:
- 1+ years previous admin experience or equivalent.
- Operates with general instruction and some supervision.
- Basic to intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Acrobat, Visio, SAP and Outlook
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully:
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
Connect with us at , on Facebook at and on