Crosby Energy Services is looking for Offshore Mechanics with experience in the oil and gas industry. Waukesha and Caterpillar engine experience a MUST
Operates, tests, maintains, repairs and record keeps required data on all safety shutdown systems and devices in accordance with BSEE regulations and approved facility permit safe chart. This includes such devices as control valves, actuators, sensors, pilots, pressures, and temperature or level controllers. In addition, must maintain facility safety equipment, which includes firefighting equipment, emergency supplies, survival capsules, navigational aids, and alarm systems in accordance with BSEE and USCG regulations.
- Operation and maintenance of all rotating equipment such as compressors, generators, platform cranes, pumps, winches, etc. in accordance with the manufacturer's recommendations. Monitor control panels, shutdown devices, liquid levels, flow rates, temperatures, etc. to keep them within the designed operating range.
- Inspect, troubleshoot, and repair platform mechanical equipment according to applicable company requirements and OEM specifications. This includes, but is not limited to, reciprocating compressors, gas and diesel engines and generators and pumps.
- Repair and replace seals and properly align shafts in various types of pumps including, but not limited to, centrifugal, water, chemical or crude oil pumps; submersible pumps and injection pumps
- Check and set mechanical clearances to comply with OEM specified tolerances using dial test indicators, feeler gauges micrometers, calipers, strain gauges, deflection gauge, etc...
- Perform all preventative maintenance in accordance with applicable company procedures.
- Record all maintained data in proper logs or maintenance records.
- Monitor operating parameters on equipment; make adjustments, report unusual conditions to platform supervisor.
Additional duties per Supervisor.
Waukesha Engines, Caterpillar Engine,generators, P/L pums and Centrifugal pumps experience requiredRequirements
Required: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); 7 years of mechanic experience required in the oil and gas industry.Summary
How Hiring Offshore Mechanics (GOM)
Work schedule of 14/14 offshore, LA
7+ years of experience